Ireland Residency 2018
Independent women travelers, aged 55+, here’s an opportunity to spend a two-week Residency in a centrally-located, shared apartment in Cork City, Ireland.
Structure your own itinerary – explore the city or venture to a nearby seaside town by day. Meet up with other Residents for dinner, a night at a music venue, or an evening walk by the River Lee.
Within range of Cork are Blarney Castle, Waterford Crystal, Killarney and other Irish hotspots!
At our base in University summer housing, enjoy a private room with DIY breakfast daily, full shared kitchen and comfortable TV lounge, free WiFi, neighborhood shops and restaurants. You might choose to take time in the mornings to relax, write in your journal or work on your laptop over coffee. Then head out at your leisure to explore Cork – the ‘Real Capital’ of Ireland, according to Cork folk! If you’re eager to explore the area, you can easily venture out by rental car or public transport to nearby attractions such as:
- Fota Wildlife Park, a short train ride away
- Cobh (last port of call of the Titanic)
- The fish-and-foodie town of Kinsale
- Blarney Castle which, in addition to the famed Blarney Stone, is home to a magnificent garden.
Dates: June & July, 2018. Two-week Sessions begin June 10, June 24 and July 6, 2018. Minimum stay is one Session, with a maximum of three (3) sessions or six (6) weeks. Place: Cork City, Ireland Price: $1399 per person, single occupancy per 2-week Session. Available places are limited, so apply now!
Only a few spaces remain for this unique Ireland travel experience for women 55+
A $500 deposit holds your space.
- Accommodation for thirteen (13) nights in a University apartment, shared with no more than four other Residents
- Full Kitchen stocked with staples and breakfast items
- Linen and towels, onsite self-service laundry
- Welcome Afternoon Tea (a $25 value)
- Hop-on,Hop-off coach tour of Cork and environs ( a $15 value)
- Cork City Walking Tour ( a $60 value)
- Pre-travel itinerary planning assistance (a $400 value)
- Concierge services on site, Monday-Friday
Price does not include:
- Transfers to and from airport
- Meals and groceries other than those outlined above
- Optional excursions to Killarney and the Ring of Kerry, West Cork villages, or Waterford Crystal – can be booked in advance
- Other personal expenses and transportation.
Guided by Kathleen Lyons, The Ireland Expert, you’ll experience the excitement of modern Cork, travel to some of Ireland’s still-pristine rural areas, and learn what’s timely and trendy in the shops, restaurants and pubs of County Cork. Meet some local personalities or just wander on your own with a camera.
The spirit of Ireland Residency 2018 is not to retreat from the world, but to engage with it in ways that are meaningful and memorable. As mature women, we recognize that our life energy is precious. We’re making confident choices that leverage our life experience. We’re spending our time wisely on activities that bring us joy!